Friday, September 7, 2012

Education

I believe that education in America is really important because we are the future of America and if we are not well prepared for the world then we're only going to make America worse instead of helping it. We are also the new generation and so there is going to be a point where teachers, doctors, and etc. will retire and we as college graduates are going to obtain these and or other jobs and if we are not well prepared then America is going to be worse because people aren't going to be well prepared and therefore, we won't be able to help the economy rise or help people.Also, having a degree in something has a huge benefit. For example, the article Even for Cashiers, College Pays Off states that "construction workers, police officers, plumbers, retail salespeople and secretaries, among others, make significantly more with a degree than without one.This is because "education helps people do higher-skilled work, get jobs with better paying companies or open their own businesses." Education is very important in my life because I actually want to do Early Childhood Development or do Teaching as a career and so if I go to college it will help me in the long run. Yes, it might be expensive but I think that it's worth it because I will be able to work with kids and I will actually have a job that I like as to someone who has to work in something they don't like because they chose the wrong career or they didn't have the money to go to college to study a career they wanted. My plan is to go to community college first and to make sure that I take the right classes so that I'm able to transfer to S.F state on time. And this is why I believe that college is important to America and myself.

1 comment:

  1. Very detailed, great use of examples as to why education is important. I totally agree :)

    ReplyDelete