Thursday, September 27, 2012
Freedom to Speech
I believe that the creater of this video did violate the first amendment because the first amendment states the freedom of religion,press,petition,assembly,and speech. He discriminated the muslims by mocking their prophet Muhammad which caused them to protest in fury about religious sensitivity,demagogy and resentment.If the United States wants these rights for themselves then they should apply it to muslims to and not disrespect them the way they did by mocking Muhammad and their religious beliefs. They should "treat others the way you want to be treated." Because I'm sure that if the muslims made a video about mocking Jesus Christ, I know people who are catholic wouldn't like it either. We might not have the same religious beliefs but people should be treated with respect. Well, this right was broken and that's how we know that we need to draw a line because this is affecting our nation and the muslims. And the video should be taken off Youtube because the fact that they don't want to remove it is how we know that they really crossed the line. If it's really disrespectful to muslims and we should really keep away from problems to prevent anyone from taking this to seriously and taking it to war. At this point anything can happen and I wouldn't blame them. It was an American made video and if we disrespected them I wouldn't be surprised if they would want to do something to us. I just think that who ever did this should have the guts to stand up and say sorry even if it means having to hide after. Sorry may not do anything but why should get Americans involved into this. If muslims take this to seriously then America can possibly have a bad outcome,possibly war. For example, Ali stated that "we never insult any prophet-not Moses,not Jesus." And I really agree with this statement because if they didn't insult us or say anything about Jesus then why should we be disrespecting muslims and their faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice!
ReplyDelete