Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bell Hooks:Values of love and Honesty

I think the most important apects of love are honesty, openness, personal integrity, practice, trust, faith, courage, commitment, responsibility, and respect. I think that these aspects of love are important because if you can't have these in a relationship then we are most likely not going to have a well working relationship. It won't work out and it can lead to problems and maybe even a break up. Relationships wern't made to be perfect but we need to know how to respect each other and practice these aspects of love so that we can have a healthy relationship;as in not having physical or emotional abuse. I think that the aspect of love that people tend to forget about the most is honesty. I think that people forget this one occassionaly because they don't want to hurt their significant other or because they are caught in a situation where they feel that lying can get them out of the problem that they are in. Like people say "Honesty is the best policy" and I also think that in order to know how to love we have to tell the truth. The truth is always going to hurt us no matter what and I think I rather hear the nasty truth instead of believing in a lie. And in a matter of time we will find out the truth eventually. A relationaship takes time and we need to know how to work things out or at least try.

1 comment: