Time spent on lesson plan: 1 hour
Sunday, January 6, 2013
My Teaching Plan & What I Learned
When trying to come up with a lesson plan,teachers have to design it using a web diagram as a tool to guide them with possible lesson plans and possible times in which these activities may occur.I remember that it was only October and teachers were already creating the December lesson plans. Christmas was coming up and I had three ideas and I got to do two since it was a funky sort of schedule day.My lesson plan consisted in tying it to the season and I thought what I better way than to do a lesson plan on Christmas in which they can create their own reindeer using food and learning how to make patterns on a paper Christmas tree. It was snack time and I settled down the kids.They were quiet and they were attentively listening to my instructions.I first said get your Ritz cookie out and put cream cheese on it.I waited.Secondly,I said put green M&M's on the Ritz cookie to create eyes.Thirdly, I said put the red M&M towards the end of the cookie to make the nose.Last,but not least I told them to put pretzel sticks towards the top to make the reindeer.But, before we made this I made the kids guess what we were making.And a boy got it right away and he said, "Are we making a reindeer?" and I said yes.It was a total success.My second lesson plan was around 3 p.m and I pulled two kids at a time where we would use stickers as ornaments to create a pattern on the Christmas tree.Some struggled and some had an easier time making the next pattern.Some of the kids also argued because they couldn't agree with each other but they managed to get the job done because I made them work on the cognitive stage which is to resolve their problems by asking questions and stating what they don't like to come up with a solution that could help them complete the pattern and coloring the tree.I learned that it takes more time for others to learn something while their are those who get it right away.What would I do differently next time?instead of making it a partner activity I would work with them individually to help them more.I worked on these lesson plans for an hour and they came into effect the second time I went to go see my preschoolers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment