Saturday, January 5, 2013

Preschool day 3

It was January 2nd when school resumed for the preschoolers. A lot of the kids did not go to preschool. I went to the preschool at 7:30 a.m and that is the time that they open. It was a random day actually because we had few kids show up to preschool. The teachers were on vacation and we had subs from the Real Program. The kids had free time and I was with a group of kids that were playing with play dough. They were working on their motor skills which are when you use your hands and muscles to make something. For example, there was this hard play dough toy that required a lot of their muscles to make play dough come out in twisted strings.Then,it was lunch time and one of the kids got upset with the other and accidentally hit the other child and the teacher helped resolve the problem.The teacher would ask them questions and then they would ask questions and then they would talk it out and resolve their problems.I would say that they were in the cognitive stage because the cognitive stage states that " kids learn how to solve problems, ask questions and think critically. And this incident proves that stage.We then listened to stories and we talked about New Years and we sang the weekday song. I also finished my 25 hours that day but hopefully I will go and visit them to learn more about preschool and Child Development. I plan to visit them on February and I was thinking of doing a little mini lesson plan on valentines day but with more of like them making cards and exchanging them between their friends.More of it being like friends appreciation day.We could also make cookies and have that be part of the snack time activity.I also realized that being a teacher takes a lot of dedication and patience because planning takes time and it has to be enough to cover the whole day. I also learned that preschool isn't all that cheap but their is a statistic that kids who go to preschool have a higher chance of going to college and being more social when entering kindergarten while their will be those kids who will probably cry on the first day of school.It's also hard for a kindergarten teacher to teach those who did not go to kindergarten because she has to teach them to take turns,raise their hands,and also teach them how to share.

Hrs:9
Total Hrs: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment