It was December 21 when I went to the preschool to do my lesson plan with the kids.I arrived at 8:15 a.m and most of the kids had already arrived. I met new kids that I had not seen from my last visit. I met Manny, Gaby, and this other boy that I sadly forgot his name. I sat down and I read them books that they chose for me to read. What I really liked was how they got so excited when I read their favorite books to them. They started making predictions and they gave comments about the book and that really ties with what I am reading about in the Child Development book that my mentor let me borrow. It was getting close to Christmas time and my lesson plan was how to make a reindeer using Ritz crackers, cream cheese, M&M's, and pretzel sticks. It went really well because they followed my instructions,it was snack time and they got to make two reindeer's. I was a bit nervous but everything went really well.Then, later on Santa made a visit and gave all the kids a book. After, that I got in a table and I called two kids at a time to color a tree and make a pattern on the tree. We used stickers as the ornaments. I noticed that some kids had trouble making a pattern while their were others that found it a bit easy. Some of them couldn't agree on how to contribute when trying to color the tree. Some would get upset because they wanted to color the tree in a neat way while the partner wanted to scribble scrabble the drawing. What would I do differently next time? I would probably call one person at a time to see how I can help that person individually. There's no right or wrong way in teaching, but teachers also need to see what they would do differently next time. But, I really enjoyed this day so much with the preschoolers! Also since I always go during my school breaks their schedule changes because it's the holiday season and some kids don't show up to school. They had free play,snack time,more free play, lunch time,nap time,art time, and that is what they did. I also plan to volunteer next time and check out what the kids will do next time I see them and hopefully by then I will be able to come up with another lesson relating this time with the season.
Hrs logged in: 8
Total hrs:16
No comments:
Post a Comment